Monday, February 13, 2012

Enjoying the Little Things

Disclaimer: Before continuing on to this glorious blog from heaven, disregard the random gaps in between some lines. I am still pretty inept in blogland, and I have been sitting here for a half an hour trying different things to figure out how to fix it. None of it worked. I suck. Now, continue reading...

Enjoying the little things. It's what makes life worth living. If you're waiting around for big things to happen in order for you to obtain happiness, you're going to be wasting a lot of time. People often point out the "random" things that make me happy or entertain me and they say how funny it is. I realized that maybe they are random and weird, but they make me happy, therefore everyone can shut up. Here's a list of some the little things that easily turn any day around and put a smile on my face.

-Going super fast in a car, me as the passenger





















-Speeding over speed bumps
-My favorite song coming on the radio just when I need it



-Successfully scaring the crap out of someone



























-Successfully scaring the crap out of someone and getting it on video



-Adrenaline



-Hearing Terrell Wallin say, "Just call me Smuckers, cuz I am jelly."



-Crossing something off my bucket list



-The smell of candles that just got blown out



-Watching someone fall asleep in class



-Nostalgia



-Walking barefoot



-Phone calls over text messages



-Playing hide-n-seek in a department store



-Completing a task before the microwave hits 00:00



-Laughing until I cannot breathe



-Getting mail



-Sunflowers



-Doing donuts in a car, as the passenger



-Smiling at someone in passing and have them smile back



-Hearing a ukulele






Being happy is easy. Make a list like mine of the little things that bring you joy. Then do them... a lot. And do them with friends, that makes it even greater.






Now, look at these pictures, laugh, go tell the world how cool Danielle Simler is, and as my high school principal would say, "Make it a great day, or not, the choice is yours." Screw that, make it a great day.


























No comments:

Post a Comment